Monday, December 7, 2015

A quote from the prophet and a story from my dad

I asked my dad about his home growing up, and he told me about his mom. She always showed her love by going without for her children. She wanted to make sure that her kids got what they wanted before she got what she wanted. She took a job to get things for her kids and make them feel special. She also told my dad that she loved him every day. He remembers sitting on her lap and hearing stories. 
He also told me about how his dad spent time playing with him and his brothers and sisters. He took them to the lake to swim with them. My dad recalls his parents swimming with them and having a good time. They went all summer long. His dad also played a game they made up called knee-ball. That was one of the favorites. His dad showed love mostly by spending time with the kids. He also showed love by providing for them and showing a good example by doing his church callings. 
My dad recalls having family prayer every day and family night every week. Though he doesn't remember having a perfect childhood, he had many wonderful memories of his loving family. His mom and dad tried to create a loving home like the one President Monson talked about.

No comments:

Post a Comment