Sunday, December 6, 2015

Children and a Miracle

My husband and I quite some time ago (about two and a half years) decided that we wanted to bring a child into this world. After a few months, I started wondering why we weren't getting pregnant. Months turned into years. Each time one of my friends would announce their pregnancy, I struggled to feel genuine happiness for them. I felt jealousy on a level I've never felt before. 
Then, during the General Women's Broadcast this October, there was a video clip shown of a woman who didn't have any children of her own, but who was able to be blessed with nieces and nephews and primary children. That clip really touched my heart. During the whole time that Matt and I have been trying to have babies, I've been able to be a mother figure to a ton of kids. I have my own nieces and nephews that I'm very close to, I've served as a primary teacher for a lot of the time, and I've been able to teach violin for the past few months. 
Now, I don't know why Heavenly Father hasn't blessed me with my own children yet, but I know that He is ever mindful of me and my needs. Whatever the reason for not blessing me in that way now, I know that He still loves me and that He knows all. If you happen to be struggling with infertility or you have another reason that you aren't able to have children, I hope that this story gives you some comfort. I also know that even if we aren't blessed with children in this life, we will be in the next. In Jesus' name, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment