Monday, December 7, 2015

Linda K. Burton Quote

I think it's interesting that Sister Burton didn't say "our meeting houses," she said "the home." It got me thinking about how I need to be better about making my home sacred like the temple. One thing I could really do better about in that regard is keeping my home clean like the temple is. Another thing would be to make sure that I don't allow any non-physical filth in. I feel like I've been getting better and better about turning off things that don't edify, but I know that I can be better. Maybe if I make a little sign with this quote on it, I will remember that that's the goal. The last way that I can make my home more like the temple would be to invite the Spirit in by reading my scriptures more often and by saying my prayers more diligently on my own and with my husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment